Our bistro menu, best of modern Scottish cuisine.
- Bakehouse Soup of the Day (V)
- Served with Artisan Bread & Butter.(V,GF,D) £4.50
- Tartlet of Artichoke, Courgette, Sun blush Tomato (V)
- Baked Set in Basil Crème Fraiche & topped with Torn Buffalo Mozzarella.
- Salad of pear, Fig, Walnut & Roquefort cheese (V)
- Served on a bed of Chicory Leaves finished with Cider Vinaigrette. (V,GF)
- Chef’s Chicken Liver & Smoked Bacon Pâté.
- Topped with Port Aspic.
Served with Sue’s Red Onion Marmalade & Bourbon, Apricot Chutney. Oatcakes. £5.95
- Warm Medley of Blaggis & goats cheese
- Finished with a Red Wine Jus.
- Old Bakehouse Game & Wild Mushroom terrine
- Served with Pascal’s Plum & Thyme Chutney, Warm Granary Toast.
- Ceviche of Fresh fish of the day
- In a Lime Chilli & Coriander Marinade served with Citrus Fruits (GF,D)
- Grilled Fresh Loch Fyne Queen Scallops (6)
- Bacon, Garlic, Pernod. Finished with a fresh Herb Butter. (GF)
- Seared King Scallops Rolled in Smoked Bacon
- With Sweet Chilli, Spring Onion & Coriander Sauce£8.95
- Beef Bourguignon Pie
- Red Wine, Carrot, Lardon & Silver Skin Onion Sauce.
Seasonal Vegetables & Buttery Mash.
- Classic Chicken Chasseur
- Cooked in a Red Wine & Tomato Sauce, Served with Pilaf Rice. (D)
- Pan Seared Prime Borders Lamb Noisette
- Served on Puy Lentils “a la parisienne” Glazed with a Port Reduction.
- Seared Calves Liver Steak
- Served on Haggis Bubble & Squeak, Honey & Balsamic Vinegar Dressing. (GF)
- Pascal’s Confit Of Barbary Duck Leg
- Served with Potato Sarladaise, topped with Blueberry Velouté. (GF)
- Beer Battered Fresh Gary Welch Haddock & Chips
- Pascal’s Tartare Sauce. Chunky Chips, Side Salad.
- Monkfish & King Prawn Curry
- Spinach, Cashew Nut & Chorizo Rice. (GF,D)
- Brochette of Scallop, Salmon & monkfish.
- Grilled in a Herb and Lemon Butter, served on a bed of Ratatouille
- Moroccan Butternut Squash & Apricot Tagine
- Slow Baked in fragrant Spiced Tomatoes. Minted Cous-Cous & Mango Yoghurt (V)
- Breaded Vegetable Burger
- Spicy Watercress Mayonnaise, served with Chunky Chips & Salad. (V)
- Risotto of Asparagus, red pepper, babycorn
- Wild Mushroom, Broccoli & Mange Tout. Parmesan & Truffle oil. (V,GF)
From our Char Grill
ALL STEAKS ARE 28 DAYS AGED SCOTCH BEEF. SUPPLIED BY JOHN GILMOUR BUTCHERS.
- 8oz Fillet
- 8oz Sirloin
- 10oz Ribeye
All served with Side Salad, Skinny Chips & Grilled Cherry Tomato.
A Choice of Sauces
Mushroom & Whisky
All Sauces £1.50
Surf & Turf
Queen Scallop £3.95
Monkfish Tail £3.95
King Prawn £3.50
- Pascal’s 8oz Steak Burger
- With Tomato Relish, Chunky Chips & Salad
Additional toppings £0.50
Cheddar, Stilton, Bacon, Portabella Mushroom, Haggis, Roasted Onions.
- Chunky Chips
- Skinny Fries
- Buttery Mash
- Herb Buttered Potatoes
- Mixed House Salad Salad
- Mixed House Salad
- Garlic bread
- Warm Chocolate Truffle cake
- Espresso Chocolate Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream.
- crème Caramel
- Topped with toasted Sugar Almonds. (GF)
- Bakehouse Cheesecake (please ask your server)
- Topped with Wild Berry Coulis.£5.50
- Crumble of the Day
- Please ask your server
- Assiette Gastranomique
- Choose any three desserts served as one dish with ice cream.
- Trio of Ice Cream – Taylor’s of Biggar
- Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry or Mint Chocolate Chip.
Dairy Free Option – Sorbet with Wild Berries.
- Cheese Board, Three Cheeses
- Please ask your server for selection of Cheeses of the Day.
- Choose five, ideal to share
- Please ask your server for selection of Cheeses of the Day
Dessert Wine /Port
- Errázuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Casablanca Valley
- Honey, raisins, & dried apricots: tremendous texture & volume on the luscious and fresh palate. Half Bottle.
- Sandeman Late Bottled Vintage Port
- Rich intense deep plums & cherries with light floral aromas. Smooth rich fruit, raisins & chocolate.
Brunch is served 11.00am – 1.30pm
- The Full Scottish
- Smoked Bacon, Eggs, Gilmour’s Pork Sausage, Haggis, Black Pudding, Fruit Pudding, Mushrooms, Cherry Tomato, Tattie Scones£9.95
- Eggs Benedict
- Soft Poached Eggs, Toasted Muffin, Hollandaise Sauce,
a choice of Bacon, Haggis or Smoked Salmon£9.95
- Eggs Florentine
- As above with Spinach instead of Bacon/Salmon£9.95
- Grilled Kippers
- Lemon Butter£9.95
- Bakehouse Omelette
- Three Egg Omelette with a choice of 2 fillings:
Cheddar, Bacon, Smoked Salmon, Mushrooms, Onions£9.95
- Additional Toppings
- Haggis, Fried Egg, Black Pudding, Tattie Scone£1.50
- Bakehouse Granola
- Homemade Granola – Oats, Seeds, Nuts, Cinnamon.
Toasted in Butter & Honey. Served with Fresh Fruits,
Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt & Honey.£6.50
- Belgian Waffles
- Served with Honey£3.00
Served with Blueberry Compote & Crème Fraîche£4.75
Served with Banana & Chocolate Sauce£4.25
- Pastries & Preserves
- A selection of Croissants, Pain au Chocolat & Pain
au Raisin. Selection of jams & marmalades.£3.75
- Toast & Preserves
- The Jungle Book
- Pineapple. Cranberry. Blackcurrant. Lime.£3.00
- Cheeky Monkey
- Orange Juice. Cranberry.£3.00
- Funky Sunrise
- Pineapple. Orange. Lemon. Lemonade. Blackcurrant.£3.00
- Ginger Bella
- Pineapple. Lemon. Ginger Ale. £3.00
- Roast Rump of Scottish Borders Beef
- With rich Beef Gravy, Yorkshire Pudding & traditional
- Prime Honey Roast Gammon (New)
- Served with Egg, Gravy and traditional vegetables£12.50
Two Courses £7.50
Including a Complimentary Drink
- Mini Burger – Beef or Chicken Fillet
- With or without Cheese, Ketchup & Fries
- Fish Goujons
- Freshly Prepared Fish Goujons, Breaded or Battered. Beans. Fries
- Gilmours Pork Sausages
- Served with Fries or Mash. Beans.
- Breaded Mini Chicken Fillets
- BBQ Sauce. Beans. Fries.
- Tomato Pasta Bake
- Pasta Baked in a Tomato Sauce, Mac Cheese Style. Garlic Bread. (V)
- Chocolate & Pecan Brownie
- Served with Hot Fudge Sauce and Ice Cream
- Selection of Taylor’s of Biggar Ice Creams
- Jelly and Ice Cream
- Ice Lolly
Drink – Blackcurrant or Orange Cordial
Tea & Coffee
- A selection of Blended teas & Infusions
- Double Espresso
Food Allergies and Intolerances: Before you order your food and drinks please speak to our staff if want to know about our ingredients. We take every precaution in the preparation of our food and are happy to guide you if you have any queries on specific ingredients.